Monday, June 18, 2012

On the Perils of Crowd-Funded Publishing

Have I made a huge mistake? I have walked away from talks with two well-known traditional publishers, and decided instead to go with a new crowd-funded publishing company called Unbound, and now, as I watch the subscriptions come in, I begin to panic - will I reach my funding target? Will anyone be willing to pay for a book that doesn't actually exist yet? Have I offered enough of an incentive to invest in my novel?

Interestingly, my main concern is not whether I will actually get it written, but whether the demand will be high enough to get it published. It seems an odd inversion of priorities for an author, but then again, isn't that exactly the reason I made this decision?

More...

ge auto extended warranty ge extended warranty auto consumer reports car warranty

No comments:

Post a Comment