Wednesday, April 25, 2012

To Help the Homeless, Advocates Get Creative

A few weeks ago, I was invited to appear in a video being filmed by Volunteers of America. Then, a few days ago, I was given a preview of a new video produced by The Florida Keys Outreach Coalition. Volunteers of America is a nationwide organization dating back to 1896, and it serves about two million people in a variety of ways, including housing. VOA is my landlord in Gainesville, Fla.

The Florida Keys Outreach Coalition is a regional nonprofit involved in just about every charitable undertaking in the Florida Keys. FKOC is my "alma mater" -- having provided shelter at a time when I could not find affordable housing.

More...

pinnacle auto warranty car warranty quote used car extended warranty companies

No comments:

Post a Comment